The Manila Light Rail Transit Line 2 or LRT 2 became the popular means of transport for most commuters with routes along Aurora Boulevard, Araneta Avenue, Marcos Highway, Magsaysay Boulevard, Legarda and Recto Avenue, mostly because its lrt fare is cheaper than riding a bus or jeepney when going to the same destination.
The LRT 2 serves almost a quarter million passengers daily traversing Mthru the east-west side of the metro and is composed of a total 0f 11 stations from Manila to Marikina-Pasig boundary.
Here are the list of LRT 2 stations :
1. Recto (Manila)
2. Legarda (Manila)
3. Pureza (Manila)
4. V. Mapa (Manila)
5. J. Ruiz (San Juan)
6. Gimore (Quezon City)
7. Betty Go-Belmonte (Quezon City)
8. Araneta Center-Cubao (Quezon City)
9. Anonas (Quezon City)
10. Katipunan (Quezon City)
11. Santolan/M.A. Roxas (Marikina City)
LRT 2 Fare Matrix and Ticket Prices :
The LRT 2 ticket fare ranges from 12 pesos to 20 pesos depending on how far you are from your destination. The LRT 2 fare matrix follows a terminal count structure.
– From any station, passengers will be charged 12 pesos for the first three stations,
– then 13 pesos for the fourth to sixth stations,
– 14 pesos for seventh to ninth stations and
– 15 pesos if you are going to the far end (applies to end-to-end traveling, like Santolan to Recto).
Example: Santolan to Araneta-Cubao – 12 pesos
Santolan to Gilmore, pay 13 pesos
Santolan to Legarda, have to pay 14 pesos
The LRT 2 ticket booths are mostly vending machine that accepts coins 1, 5, and 10 pesos – and 20 and 50 peso bills). After you have bought a ticket, just to proceed to the platform (you have a grace period of 75 minutes when you have entered the platform).
LRT 2 Operating Schedule :
On Weekdays (Monday to Friday) – The LRT 2 service starts at 5am and ends at 11pm.
During Weekends (Saturday to Sunday) – The MRT service starts at 5am to 9:30pm only.
All of the LRT 2 train stations are elevated above ground except for the Katipunan station which is underground. The stations have relatively the same setup which makes it easier for commuters. The LRT 2 trains are wider than the normal coaches of MRT and LRT 1, there is no separate coach for women.
Safety Precautions & Guidelines when Riding the LRT 2 Stations :
1. For security of all, some things are not permitted to be brought inside the platform.
– inflated balloons, large luggages, any open bottles or cans,
– quantity of fluids such as chemicals, pesticides, and gasolines
– pointed objects
2. Anybody under the influence of restricted drugs or alcohol or insane are not allowed to ride the LRT 1. These persons may cause some harm to the innocent passengers.
3. You are responsible for all your belongings, specially valuables such as wallets and jewelry. Do not leave them unattended.
For further questions, informations or clarification, check out the Manila Light Rail Transit website. You may also contact the LRT Hotline numbers.